- "Fast, Painless and great service. They had a very hard to find pistol and made getting it easy. I will definitely use them again."
- " I've had multiple purchases and I just keep coming back. Reason's simple. Perfect's good enough!!!"
- "Outstanding customer service and no hidden fees. Great price on a hard to find gun, and it shipped the same day! You have earned my business for a long time to come."
- "If you ever wondered what great customer service is, all you have to do is do business with Carlucci Arms. Fast online purchase. Placed an order late Monday night, package was delivered to my FFL on Thursday."
- "Thanks for the great service. I'll be back."
- "Good stock, great service - will be back!"
Ballistics - Theory and Design of Guns and Ammunition
Written by one of our founders, Dr. Donald Carlucci, Ballistics: Theory and Design of Guns and Ammunition offers a seamless presentation of the complex phenomena that occur during the launch, flight, and impact of a projectile.
Even the earliest weapon developers faced the need to understand how and why guns and ammunition work in order to improve their effectiveness. As weapons became more sophisticated, the field of ballistics naturally divided into three main areas of specialization: interior, exterior, and terminal ballistics. Providing unique coverage of all three areas, Ballistics: Theory and Design of Guns and Ammunition offers a seamless presentation of the complex phenomena that occur during the launch, flight, and impact of a projectile.
Reader-friendly in style and format, the book explains the fundamental physics, terminology, theory, engineering aspects, and design techniques for each area in gradually increasing detail and complexity. Starting with interior ballistics, the authors examine the analytical and computational tools used to predict a weapons behavior in terms of pressure, stress and velocity, demonstrating their applications in ammunition and weapons design. The book continues with coverage of exterior ballistics, exploring the physics behind trajectories, including linear and nonlinear aeroballistics. The final section focuses on the effects of projectile impact, including details on shock physics, shaped charges, penetration, fragmentation, and wound ballistics.
Enhanced with insights drawn from the authors extensive experience in government laboratories, industry, and academia, Ballistics provides an ideal vehicle for encouraging superior design and innovative applications in the field.